Sunday, March 28, 2010

Obviously I'm in the wrong business

What I should be doing is going through the boxes of old cards and computer equipment I have and selling it on ebay! Obviously everything over a decade must be collectible at this point right?


So what do we have for today?




An ISA bus TV Capture card. Made in 1995. For $186.65. Frankly its the $.65 that just pushes it over the top for me. What the hell? "Oh! It's a computer part! Obviously it must be worth a lot because it is from before the internet!" I just don't get why someone would think that a card like this is worth that kind of scratch. What is someone going to do? Slap this bad boy in their 486 and then plug in a HDTV converter box?

The best part is what is circled at the bottom left - the part that shows that the seller has had it up on ebay since October of last year.

But you know, that's not all! There is a helpful description!:

Hauppauge Digital Video Card
ISA Card, Made in 1995
P/N: 4701 Rev D1
Model:
Win/TV-Celebrity
Does not have the MPEG (Video Out) option
Based on the AuraVision VXP500 chip
Cables are included

Used but looks like new, works like new.

Just the card, no software, no manuals

(Software and Manual are for sale in other ebay auctions)


Crap. It doesn't have the MPEG out option. And I was so close to pulling the trigger! Tell me - is there really a market for left over computer crap from the mid '90s? If so, I'm about to retire!

No comments:

Post a Comment