Sunday, March 28, 2010

The asinine prices some people want for their old shit

So I was looking at Craigslist the other day, searching for something, and I came across the following posting for sale:

http://tucson.craigslist.org/atq/1649392925.html

And for posterity's sake, a screen shot:


So let me get this right - a 1980 console TV - the same type that was clogging up thrift stores 10 years ago, and now can't be gotten rid of without PAYING to recycle it, and you think you are going to sell it for $200? Actually the original price they had on it was $225 - obviously market forces are at work.

I have to wonder what sort of alternate reality people live in sometimes. Maybe they would throw in that VCR too if you offered them and extra Benjamin!

So this ad crystallized for me the fact that numerous times I've seen junk priced like it is gold - so I decided to start aggregating them here - those items for sale where their owners are so clueless as to their actual value that some humor can be derived for the rest of us.

I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment